Every Thanksgiving morning, in almost every city, there is a Turkey Trot. I love to find out when and where one is nearby, and take the family out to celebrate our health. I love starting out Thanksgiving day this way.
This year, we heard from some friends about the Atalaya Turkey Trot in our hometown of Santa Fe, NM. I signed up for the 5k, and then I signed up Denali and Elias for the Kids' 1k. They were sooo excited! A couple days before, Denali and I went to pick up the race packets with our numbers and T-shirts. They were so funny, because they laid out their clothes (in the middle of the entry way) complete with their numbers.
Here I am, finishing my race...
After the halfway turn-around point, I said, "You guys are doing so great! We're almost finished!" Eli looked at me and said, "We are?" "Yeah!" I answered. Without another word Eli took off ahead of Denali and me and didn't let up his pace until he crossed the finish line. His little legs were so cute!
I love those guys!
3 comments:
so fun! we have to make sure we sign the kids up for the kids bike race at the sandia peak challenge (or whatever it's called) that sean and jeremy did this summer.
Any new pics? Would love to see a blog update of the kids. Hope all is well. Love ya.
Hey! Just found your blog. Hope you're doing well!
Post a Comment